Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Show me... a trunk of memories

My mom gave me this trunk many years ago... it has a beautiful story behind it. When her father, my grandfather, made this trunk, her mother, my grandmother, was pregnant with my mom! I can imagine my grandmother wearing her long dress, and my grandfather carving the wood... Well, my grandfather passed away when my mom was only eight years old, and all I know is that he was a tall and very intelligent man, taught all his daughters how to read, and my mom still has his notebook with the birthdate of his children, they had 7 girls and only one boy. This happened in the 1930's... What a sentimental day... Robert at Thoughts of a father photo project for the day is to show an object of sentimental value and so many thoughtful and inspirational stories are being told...

3 comments:

Carletta said...

I love that first image you took. The angle is great.
The craftsmanship of the trunk is wonderful. It looks as if you display it proudly in your home as well you should. It is lovely.

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

What a beautiful trunk. How wonderful. And what a lovely heritage to go along with it. :D

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

beautiful, touching post and images, Cris .........we had wooden trunks too when we were growing up and then we kept moving from one place to another owing to the nature of jobs of my parents had and finally it became too cumbersome to move around with wooden trunks..i dont think we have any left with us back at home any longer....... :(