This reminds me of certain events that depend on some small actions we take that can really make a difference in our lives or someone else's life and can be compared to the controversial "butterfly effect".
I wrote down this list of small gestures of love that can make a difference and I want to share it with you:
- Call an old friend I haven't heard in ages, or write an e-mail
- Remember special dates
- Babysit for a couple or single parent who hasn't been out for a while...
- Confirm my love for my husband and kids every day
- Pick up a neighbor's paper when he/she is away for a few days
- Welcome a new neighbor with a treat
- Read a devotional or pray together with someone who needs support
- Encourage someone who's depressed
- Make my place pretty and tidy
- Or... just smile at someone, hold a door, say nice words, think twice before letting the word out...